The information on this site is being provided as a service to our customers and to the community. Due to its dynamic nature, we cannot guarantee the information contained herein is current or complete at all times. Every effort has been made to assure its accuracy at the time it was posted.
School Board Policies Database
Complaints and Grievances
Students: The District’s Equity Grievance Procedure for Students, including applicants for enrollment in District schools, is located in Policy 5.71, available at the link above.
Employees: The District’s Grievance Procedure for Employees is located in Policy 6.35, available at the link above.
Others: The District’ Equity Grievance Procedure for Non-Students, Non-Employees, including applicants for employment with the Board, is located in Policy 2.71, available at the link above.
No person shall, on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, medical condition, national origin, political beliefs, pregnancy, race, religion, religious beliefs, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity, or in any employment conditions or practices conducted by this School District, except as provided by law.
The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries and complaints regarding the School Board’s non-discrimination policies:DIRECTOR OF STUDENT SERVICES Temporary Mailing Address and Phone Number 1201 Mississippi Ave., Fort Pierce FL 34950 Telephone: (772) 429-4510 E-mail: SS-GRV@stlucieschools.org Non-Discrimination Policy Inquiries and Complaints by Employees and Applicants for Employment: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES Temporary Mailing Address and Phone Number 501 NW University Blvd. Port St. Lucie, FL 34986 Office: (772) 429-7508 Fax: (772) 429-7501 E-mail: EMP-GRV@stlucieschools.org Inquiries and Complaints under SECTION 504 OF THE REHABILITATION ACT OF 1973 should be directed to the School Board’s Section 504 Compliance Officer, the Director of Student Services, contact information listed above. If due to a disability you need special accommodations to receive School Board information or to participate in School Board functions, call (772) 429-3600 and ask for the School Board Secretary. Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) phone (772) 429-3919.
- The right of privacy with respect to the student’s education records.
- The right to inspect and review the student’s education records within 30 days of the day the District receives a request for access.
- The right to request amendment of the student’s education records that the parent or eligible student believes are inaccurate, misleading or otherwise in violation of a student’s privacy rights.
- The right to consent to disclosure of personally identifiable information contained in the student’s education records, except to the extent that FERPA and state law authorize disclosure without consent.
- If you send an email to us with a question or comment, and that email contains personally identifying information, that information may be used to contact you in responding to your email, or may be forwarded to another agency for help in responding to you. This information will not be sold, rented, or voluntarily supplied to any agency, commercial or private, unless required by law.
- If you fill out an interactive form, the information you provide may be used to respond to your request, or may be forwarded to another agency for help in responding to you. This information will not be sold, rented, or voluntarily supplied to any agency, commercial or private, unless required by law.
- If you fill out a form that enables any type of service, the information you supply may be used in processing your request, and may be collected for inclusion in databases or directories, to be used for internal purposes only. This information will not be sold, rented, or voluntarily supplied to any agency, commercial or private, unless required by law.