The Legal Department represents the School District and provides legal services to the Superintendent and School District staff. The Legal Department cannot provide legal advice to the general public, parents, students or School District employees for personal matters.
The Legal Department’s mission is to provide exceptional legal counsel and advocacy for the Superintendent and staff so that the School District can more successfully fulfill its mission.
Phone: (772) 429-5546
Facsimile: (772) 429-4515
Monday through Friday
8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Represent the School District in Federal and State courts, before the State Department of Administrative Hearings, and before all Federal and State agencies that oversee public education.
- Provide advice and guidance on school choice matters.
- Provide advice and guidance on business matters including issues related to school finance, contracts, and purchasing.
- Provide advice and guidance on public record requests.
- Provide advice and guidance on student discipline matters, student record matters, and the general provision of educational services for students.
- Provide advice and guidance on employment law matters.
- Answers questions related to the application of Federal and State laws and regulations.