Rates as high as $100 per day
Incentive pay for Critical Need areas
Take a closer look at SLPS…..You’ll like what you see!
St. Lucie Public Schools has opportunities for qualified candidates to join our substitute teaching team.
We value our substitute teachers and provide free tutorials and guidance to those individuals who wish to pursue teaching as a career.
Interested candidates will hold a minimum of an Associate’s Degree or 60 college credits and must agree to work at least one day per month.
· Substitute teachers in Long Term Assignments (21 days or more) earn $100.00 per day.
· Substitute teachers in our Critical Needs sites earn $90.00 per day for day to day substituting.
· Our substitute teachers earn a base rate of $71.00 per day and receive a rate increase to $90.00 per day after meeting our frequency requirements.
Process for Becoming a Substitute
- To apply as a Substitute, click the “Apply Now” button above.
- Once you have submitted your completed application, it will be processed by the Human Resources Department.
- Once you have been hired, you will receive an email with instructions to schedule and pay for your photo ID badge, fingerprint and drug screen appointments. A link will be included for you to schedule your appointment to complete your onboarding packet in the Human Resources Department.
- Upon completion of the steps above, you will be contacted by the department of which you applied, and they will assign you accordingly.
- Complete the steps above.
- After your background check and drug screen results have cleared, you will receive an email with instructions on how to proceed to your on-line training.
- Once the on-line training is completed you will be scheduled for orientation.
Substitute Paraprofessional/Self-Care Aide
- After your background check and drug screen results have cleared, you will receive an email with instructions on how to proceed to your Job Specific Testing.
- Once your test results have cleared you will be scheduled for orientation.
Notice of Non-Discrimination
No person shall, on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, medical condition, national origin, political beliefs, pregnancy, race, religion, religious beliefs, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity, or in any employment conditions or practices conducted by this School District, except as provided by law.
The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries and complaints regarding the School Board’s non-discrimination policies:DIRECTOR OF STUDENT SERVICES Temporary Mailing Address and Phone Number 1201 Mississippi Ave., Fort Pierce FL 34950 Telephone: (772) 429-4510 E-mail: SS-GRV@stlucieschools.org Non-Discrimination Policy Inquiries and Complaints by Employees and Applicants for Employment: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES Temporary Mailing Address and Phone Number 501 NW University Blvd. Port St. Lucie, FL 34986 Office: (772) 429-7508 Fax: (772) 429-7501 E-mail: EMP-GRV@stlucieschools.org Inquiries and Complaints under SECTION 504 OF THE REHABILITATION ACT OF 1973 should be directed to the School Board’s Section 504 Compliance Officer, the Director of Student Services, contact information listed above. If due to a disability you need special accommodations to receive School Board information or to participate in School Board functions, call (772) 429-3600 and ask for the School Board Secretary. Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) phone (772) 429-3919.