21st Century Community Learning Centers
The 21st CCLC grant is a competitive, federally funded grant authorized under Title IV, Part B. The grant is awarded for a five year period with a continuation application being submitted each year.
The programs, which are offered at no cost to students or families, provide a safe environment during non-school hours for additional educational opportunities.
Each school is limited as to the number of students that can be served and continued funding is contingent on student attendance each day of the program.
Each school operates a unique program of services based on the needs of the community, with the same set of goals as its premise using project based learning: Academic Enrichment in Reading and Language Arts, Academic Enrichment in Science and Mathematics, Personal Enrichment, and Educational Services to Adult Family Members.
Priority of services is offered to students of Title I eligible schools, with academic needs in Reading and/or Math (Level 1 or 2 on FCAT).
Schools and Program Offerings
- Dan McCarty Middle School
- Site Coordinator: Carnell Plowden
- 1201 Mississippi Ave, Fort Pierce, FL 34950
- 4:15 to 6:15
- Lakewood Park Elementary
- Site Coordinator: Vanessa Turner
- 7800 Indrio Rd, Fort Pierce, FL 34951
- 3:25 to 5:25
- Parkway Elementary
- Site Coordinators: Christine Duane/Justin Sherman
- 7000 NW Selvitz Rd, Port St Lucie, FL 34983
- 3:15 to 5:15
- St. Lucie Elementary
- Site Coordinator: Jessica Serra
- 2020 South 13th Street, Fort Pierce, FL 34950
- 3:35 to 5:35