After graduating, students can work immediately as Veterinary Assistants or continue further education at the college level.
Areas of Study
- Classroom studies include Animal Nutrition and Behavior, Anatomy and Physiology and Disease Processes, Medical Terminology, Parasitology and Immunology, and Surgical Nursing.
- A wide variety of skills are emphasized with classroom and lab lessons including science, math, communications, leadership, management, and technology.
- Students can receive on-the-job training in our kennel and clinical facilities. Student responsibilities include care of dogs and cats, restraint of dogs and cats, vaccinating animals, medicating animals, and observing/assisting in surgery.
- Students work on a daily basis in a state-of-the-art veterinary facility that includes classroom space, wet labs, dissection room, small animal housing, and kennels.
- Careers in Veterinary Science include: veterinarian, veterinary technician, veterinary assistant, veterinary specialty surgeon, veterinary pharmaceutical and diagnostic equipment sales, grooming / obedience training, pet store advisory and food sales, USDA personnel, research, CDC scientist, horse trainer, wildlife rehabilitator, marine mammal specialist, and much more!
This program supports students’ college and career readiness. Students are college and career ready when they have the knowledge, skills, and academic preparation needed to enroll and succeed in college credit-bearing courses within an associate or bachelor degree program without the need for remediation. Students need these same attributes and levels of achievement to enter and succeed in post-secondary workforce education or to enter a career path offering a living wage and future advancement.
- 3D Animation
- Accounting Operations
- Advanced Manufacturing Technology
- Allied Health
- Allied Health - FPC
- Allied Health - FPW
- Allied Health - PSLH
- Allied Health - SLWC
- Allied Health - TCHS
- Applied Cybersecurity
- Automotive Maintenance and Light Repair
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- Digital Design
- Digital Media / Multimedia Design
- Digital Video Production
- Early Childhood Education
- Engineering Technology
- Fashion Marketing
- Game Simulation / Animation / Visual Design
- Gaming and Simulation
- Industrial Biotechnology
- International Business
- Java Development and Programming
- Microsoft Academy
- Oracle Database Programming
- Project Lead the Way / Biomedical Sciences
- Project Lead the Way / Computer Science and Robotics
- Project Lead-the-Way / Engineering
- Sports Recreation and Entertainment Marketing
- Teacher Assisting
- Technical Design
- TV Production
- Veterinary Technology
- Web Development